Wednesday, June 1, 2011

a new love for shakespeare

After class today, Amy, Tara, Hannah and I went to see "Much Ado About Nothing" at the Globe Theatre. Yes, this is the third play I've seen there. But here the thing, the other two times, I didn't have to pay for the tickets and we had seats. I wanted to experience the real deal being a groundling and it only cost me 5 pounds. And it was well worth the 5 pounds. It was probably my favorite Shakespeare play. So dang good. It is one of Shakespeare's comedies and funny it was. The actors were amazing as well. One of the main characters played Geoffrey in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and another one of the main characters played Wallis in The King's Speech. So basically there were some amazing people in it. And it they made it even better because they interacted with the audience. This is another one of those things where I really can't explain how great it is but it was great.


Then we came back to the Centre for dinner and just kind of hung out here the rest of the night. There isn't a lot to do in London at night because everything closes. Unless you want to get food or go to a play or something. But that's ok because I was able to plan my days while we have the travel weekend. And it's going to be a great three days. You should anticipate the blog posts about them...

No comments:

Post a Comment