Thursday, June 9, 2011

middlesex panthers!!!!!!

Today was the last day of this semesters classes...now I just have two more papers to go and two finals and I'm home free until Fall semester. Woo! It's kind of sad though because that also means my time here is dwindling.

After class I spent some more time on the homework. My history papers have been proving to be a tad more difficult and time consuming than I was originally planning and my hopes of having them done before my parents got here haven't been fulfilled. Oh well, what can you do.

The day didn't get very exciting until 5:30 as we were on our way to a cricket match. Now, I'm not going to lie. A cricket match sounded like the most boring thing ever. I did look up the rules of the game beforehand though, so at least I was prepared for this. I was not, however, prepared for the fact that apparently cricket is a male dominated spectator sport. Us four girls, Hannah, Amy, Tara and I looked like crazies walking amongst all these men, many of them in suits as I'm sure they just got off work. Though this was a whole group event, we were on our own to get there and find seats and what not. And another weird thing is that none of the seats are assigned, it's just first come, first served. We got pretty decent seats I thought. Plus because there were so many males, there were lots of people to look at. I mean...uhh...We did "by chance" sit near some of these said males. It was a good thing we did too because they were way nice and kept answering questions for us during the game. I'm happy to say that by the time we left, I knew how the game was played for the most part and I had picked a team to root for. They are called the Middlesex Panthers. They wear bright pink uniforms and they have a chant that goes something like this "Middle! Middle! Middle! Sex! Sex! Sex! Middlesex!" Basically it's the most hilarious chant. So although I went into it with a hesitant attitude, it was pretty fun, even though my team lost. Though it's definitely not a sport I would spend hours and hours watching. It's similar to baseball in that a lot of the time, players are kind of just standing around. Plus, we went to one of the short games. Some of the really big games go for 3 to 5 DAYS. That's ridiculous.

After the game, we went on our last walk for our London Walks class. It took us to the other side of the Thames and we got to walk past the London Eye (which is HUGE when your right up by it) so yeah it was a cool little walk. And then we came back to our neighborhood and ran down the street to this gelato place that other students had recommended and I will admit, it was pretty delicious.

My parents are going to be here tomorrow!!! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment