Friday, July 15, 2011

the end of my childhood

My life ended last night at roughly 2 a.m. I walked through the cars laughing with my friends but inside I was crying as I left the last ever Harry Potter movie. It was hard enough when the books were over, but now everything Harry Potter related will just be old news...


Harry has been there with me since I was eight years old. What am I supposed to do with my life now? I just don't know...


For those of you that haven't seen the movie yet, you may want to hold off on reading the rest of this. The movie was good. But it wasn't my favorite. I just don't think it did the book justice. Everything was a million times cooler in my head. But also, maybe I'm just being a complainer because it is the end, and that's the only way I know how to react. I really didn't hate it though. Plus Kelsey, Kaylee and I made awesome t-shirts. Tara, unsurprisingly, came dressed as Professor Trelawny. Hannah completely forgot that it was last night and thought it was tonight. And we all finally got to see her since she just got back from Europe this week. Wilford was able to put up with 5 girls for six hours. And Harry Potter didn't die. So overall it was a good night. I enjoyed the movie. But I love to books so much more.


I have to share this quote as well. I honestly can't remember for sure if it's in the book, but it was in the movie. And basically is sums up how I feel about all of my Harry Potter experiences.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

No comments:

Post a Comment