Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Polar Vortex, Part Two

Hey!

I feel like there's not much to report on this week. We got so much
snow yesterday and we couldn't drive pretty much the entire day. We
were going to walk to Claudio's house but he wouldn't let us come over
because he didn't want us walking in the snow. Haha He's the nicest.
But he ended up getting home from work super late anyways so we
wouldn't have been able to get over there. I'm really not a fan of
snow days upstate. In the city, you just put a bunch of layers on and
go about your day as usual. But up here, there are very few places
that are close enough to our apartment that we can walk to. So we end
up trying to find useful things to do at home. Luckily, we're able to
drive again today so we're not stuck in the house all over again.

The missionaries who are going home were supposed to go to the temple
with President Morgan today but it got canceled because of the snow.
Now we're going on Friday and then we have interviews with him on
Saturday. And then on Tuesday we have a sisters conference with all
the sister missionaries in the mission and then it's Wednesday again
and I'll only have a week left until I come home. It is so crazy! I
doesn't even feel like I only have 2 weeks left...it's going to fly by
and then I'm probably going to have a heart attack or something
because it'll all have ended without me realizing.

We went into the city again last week. We were going to do Statue of
Liberty but then we ran into some of our missionary friends at the
temple and decided we would rather hang out with them instead of go
see a statue. So we just hung out with Sister Barker and Sister
Wankier all day and it was the best! We did go down to Battery Park
and take pictures with the Statue of Liberty so I included one of
those pictures here.

I hope you all have a great week!!

Love,
Hermana Parkin



No comments:

Post a Comment