Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I hope you hall had a great 2013 and are excited for a new year! I've
officially been a missionary for all of 2013! So crazy!!

This week was pretty awesome. We've had so many miracles in this area!
We're working with Claudio a lot. I don't know if I mentioned him last
week but he's a less active member who just moved here from Peru in
July and he referred himself through Mormon.org. He is so awesome!! We
just love him so much! He came to church on Sunday and he's been
praying and gave us two referrals for some of his friends in Peru that
he wants us to teach on Facebook until they feel more comfortable
having missionaries come visit their house. He's more awesome than I
can even explain. He just has so much desire to come back to church
and get his life in order. It's awesome!

The elders convinced us to go to lunch with them at McDonalds the
other day and while we were there, we saw this guy named Reggie who we
talked to at both of the caroling things we did before Christmas. He's
homeless and most likely a druggie. He looked at us like he remembered
us so I said "Hi Reggie! how are you?" And then he got this face of
shock and was like "How do you know my name?!? What the h***?" And
walked out of the store repeating that phrase. It was SO funny! Maybe
it doesn't sound so funny now that I'm trying to repeat it in a
message, but he was literally so confused and here we were just
thinking we were being nice and we probably scared him to death.

That's about the most exciting thing I can think of sharing this week.
Sorta lame, sorry about that. I hope everyone had a great holiday time
though!

Love you all!
Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment