Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

So this week has flown by! We've been so busy! On Friday we had the leadership meeting with the NY NY South missionaries. That was really good and I really enjoyed the presentation both of our mission presidents did about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Facebook presentations were a little weird and we're still trying to figure out how to make the best use of these tools but I know it will come with time and once we have the actual equipment, we'll be able to do a lot more.

We had two exchanges as well! I spent Saturday with Sister Westlund in Danbury English. That was a good exchange. I met one of the coolest families too! They are converts of like 10 years or so and they have stayed super active since the whole time they've been members. Their oldest daughter leaves on her mission in December. They're rock stars. Yesterday, I spent the day in Newburgh with Sister Lounsbury. Newburgh is like one of the highest murder capitals in the world. So that was legit. Sisters aren't allowed in the city though so we were safe. (Did I already tell you all that fun fact last time I went on an exchange in Newburgh? Maybe so...) That was a really great exchange as well. I love people able to go and serve with other sisters for a day so that I can have even more people to learn from. It makes life a little crazy but it's really good too.

We all thought we were going to die from TB this week. Pamela called us on Sunday and told us that she had TB so we all freaked out and thought we were all going to get TB and then we'd get sent home early. So anytime we cough or tired or anything, we comment about how we have TB. But she just told us today that she went to the doctor and she's was treated for TB when she was younger and so therefore she will always test positive for TB. Sister Morgan still might have us go get tested just to make sure but we're pretty positive that we're going to live.

Destrie had his baptism on Sunday! He asked me to give a talk about baptism and I basically had no idea what to say. But the baptism as a whole was really awesome! He's so solid and going to be an awesome member of the church!

I think that's all for now. I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Parkin



No comments:

Post a Comment