Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Well the mission just keeps changing and changing! We had zone conference last Friday and President Morgan announced that starting that same day, all missionaries in our entire mission are approved to use online proselyting. It's crazy! There are now 250 missionaries using Facebook. We will be getting iPad mini's and iPhones right after transfers in November. So my last 12 weeks in the mission, I'll be walking around with an iPad. It's so crazy to even think about! There have been SO many amazing changes since I've been on my mission and so many things have happened that I never even thought about being possible. The Lord really is hastening His work and I'm so grateful that I get to be a part of it as a full-time missionary and then come home and participate in the work as a member missionary.

We have Mission Leadership Council this Friday, which is when all the zone leaders and sister training leaders come together with President Morgan to council together. This time around we will be meeting with the leaders from the NY NY South mission. They have been using Facebook longer than we have so we're assuming that the meeting will be on how we can use it more effectively, which will be awesome because we need more ideas. 

That's pretty much the big news for this week. Destrie is for sure getting baptized on Sunday and I'm super duper excited. He is SO ready for baptism , it's amazing. He's asked me to give the talk on baptism. I'm really grateful that I get to participate in his baptism and that I was able to teach him for a little bit.

We're having a halloween party with our zone today! We're going to carve pumpkins and have a costume contest. Our apartment dressed up as characters from the Wizard of Oz. I'm Dorothy, Sister Keanini and the lion, Sister McCurdy is the scarecrow and Sister Westlund is the wicked witch. I'll send better pictures next week but here's a quick picture we just took with the computer we're using...

Just so everyone is aware, you're allowed to comment on my Facebook posts. In fact, I would LOVE if you commented on my Facebook posts. Answer the questions I ask. Share your testimony. Who knows who could see it and decide that they need to learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We're all in this together and I need your help to make online proselyting effective. Don't ever hesitate to comment on something I post. Please just keep it missionary appropriate. 

Thanks! Love you all!
I hope you all have a great halloween!

Love,
Hermana Parkin


No comments:

Post a Comment