Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Seeing Old Friends

Well I don't know that there's that much to share this week. I love
serving back in the Bronx! I haven't met too many of the members yet
because we had stake conference on Sunday but the ones I have met
are awesome. The area is really fun. We're in the northern part of the
Bronx so it's a lot different from my old area in the south Bronx. And
by really different I mean that it's just a little bit less ghetto but
still really ghetto. We're also lost a lot because we don't know any
of the buses in this area but it gets a little bit better everyday. At
the very least we can find our way home name, that's probably most
important so that we don't end up dying on the streets of the Bronx.
Sister Tirado, my new companion, is awesome. We get along really well
and it's always fun to be together. Plus our roommates are awesome so
we're just always having a party.

Stake Conference this past weekend was probably one of the best things
ever. There were really awesome messages. And the best part in my book
is that I'm serving back in the Westchester stake, which is the stake
all of my old wards are in except Danbury. So I got to see a lot of
the members from the Concourse and New Rochelle wards. It was so much
fun!

Also Manuel, one of the investigators we were working with in New
Rochelle, got baptized!! I'm so happy for him. And I talked to Maribel
and she is getting baptized at the end of December. She finally moved
out of the apartment she was sharing with her boyfriend and she really
wants to get baptized. I'm super happy for her too.

I think that's everything for this week. No crazy stories from the
Bronx yet but don't be surprised if there's some next week! :)

Love,
Hermana Parkin


Me and my new companion, Hermana Tirado

No comments:

Post a Comment