Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I'm Staying in Danbury!

I am doing really good! Transfers have been really crazy! Sister Wankier is going to North Manhattan and she is going to be a Sister Training Leader with Sister Barker. So basically my two best friends are going to be companions and I'm super excited for them. I am staying in Danbury and my companion is Sister Keanini. She's from Hawaii and she came into the mission at the same time as me but we were in different districts in the MTC so we don't know each other super well. However, she seems super awesome and I'm excited to serve with her. The crazy part of life is that we won't actually be companions until Tuesday even though we had transfers today. There are two new sister area's being opened in the zone that we're Sister Training Leaders for. In one of those areas, the sister who will be opening up the area has been in Salt Lake helping with General Conference for the past couple months and she won't be back in our mission until Tuesday. So Sister Keanini is going to take her spot in that companionship until then. Meanwhile, I was supposed to be in a trio with the sisters that are opening up an English area in Danbury. But at the transfer meeting today, right before we were about to leave, the assistants asked me to be in a trio with a different set of sisters that I have stewardship over because one of them doesn't have a license and the other one's license is expired so neither of them can drive. So until the one sister gets her license renewed, I'm in a trio with them. I'm super excited though because Sister Skinner is the sister that needs to renew her license so I get to be her companion again for a little bit! They're area is an hour away from Danbury though so it's going to be a crazy next week trying to figure everything out. I'm glad that I'll be able to help though.


Besides the craziness of transfers, I don't know that there's all that much to tell. I'm still loving Danbury and all the people here. The work is going really good and we have so many really awesome people that Sister Keanini can start working with when we're actually together.

I hope you're all excited to watch General Conference! It's going to be so good! I LOVED the Relief Society Broadcast. It basically talked all about becoming consecrated, which is what our missions focus is so it was really awesome. I encourage everyone to watch it if you weren't able to see it on Saturday. I know that General Conference is going to be just as spiritually uplifting and instructing. I hope you're all able to prepare to feel that spirit so that you're able to learn what the spirit teaches you.

I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment