Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Pictures!

Hermana Parkin was busy downloading pics this week to send to me. Here is a little bit of the letter she sent me (her mom). And some new pictures! They are pictures Shelisa has taken throughout her mission. 

Last week was crazy with the companionship situation! So last Wednesday, we were about to get in the car after transfer meeting and head up to Danbury with the English sisters that are opening an area there. But then the assistants to President Morgan came running over telling me that I needed to go be companions with the sisters serving in Poughkeepsie-Sister Laititi and Sister Skinner. Sister Laititi doesn't have a drivers license and Sister Skinner's license expiered so they had no one that could drive them in their area. So I was assigned to be their driver until Sister Skinner could get a license. It was so much fun to be Sister Skinner's companion again! And I love Sister Laititi too so it was just great. On Friday, we were able to get a license for Sister Skinner so they didn't need me anymore. So they took me back to Danbury and I've been companions with Sister McCurdy and Sister Westlund who are serving in the Danbury English ward. I didn't really know either of them very well so it was fun to get to know them and to serve with them. This morning, we went and picked up Sister Keanini so now I'm finally with the companion I was actually assigned to serve with. It was a fun and crazy week but I'm excited to go back to the Spanish branch and get back into the flow of things.

 In the subway

 At the Empire State Building
 Central Park

 With Hermana Wankier and President Morgan
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment