Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Scored!

Hello!
Yesterday we got up at 4:30 so that we could go to a mission conference with Elder Bruce A. Carlson of the 70. It was basically all day long and it was so awesome. He talked to us about consecration and santification and helped us understand more about those things and how we can become more consecrated. He answered so many of the things I have been wondering about it was really special.

We had a really cool opportunity with Facebook the other day. Our investigator Andrelis has been in New York for the past week and so we havn't been able to go and teach her. But the other day, we found her on Facebook and have been able to teach her through that. It's been so cool because it's been a great way to keep making sure that she's progressing while we can't go visit her in person. I'm excited to have more opportunities like this and to keep seeing the benefits of using Facebook so that I actually have the desire to use it more.

Funny little story. Since a lot of hispanics love soccer, we have a soccer night every Friday where we play soccer and invite our invsetigators and everyone else as a way to find new investigators and help our current investigators make some friends in the ward. Each week I get a little bit more brave to kick the ball but mostly I just hang back because I'm terrible at soccer. Well this Friday, there was a point in the game where I somehow all of the sudden had the ball in front of me. I started to kick it down the field and miracuously kicked it past two of the other teams players and into the goal. It was awesome! But then after that happened, everyone started thinking that I actually knew how to play soccer and they would try to pass it to me and I would miss it and look like a fool. haha But at least I can say I made one goal!

I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment