Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sister Training Leader

Hey!!
This week hasn't been too eventful. Yesterday was our last day working in the weird 5 people in 3 areas situation. It's been a crazy week because of that. We have been working with Hna Dalley most of the time and that has been fun. She was companions with Hna Barker in the MTC and they have similar personalities so I enjoyed working with her. We did our best to work in each area as much as possible but it's hard not to feel like I haven't seen anyone in my area because we weren't working there full time. It will be nice to get back to just focusing on the people in New Rochelle.

Transfers are today and I will be staying here in New Rochelle. Sister Brog is getting transferred to Yonkers, which is where we live and literally the ward next door to New Rochelle. She won't even be leaving the apartment; she just has to switch bedrooms. We're super sad that we won't be companions because we thought we would stay together for one more transfer but we're glad that we're still living together. I have also been called as a Sister Training Leader. If you haven't heard about this, it's a new calling the church has created for missions now that there are so many sisters serving missions. I guess it's sort of like a zone leader but just for the sisters. My companion, Sister Richey, and I will be the sister training leaders for our zone and the Stamford zone which is the zone next door in Connecticut. I don't really know what all of our responsibilities are. I just know that we'll be working with 7 other companionships and we will be going on exchanges with each companionship at least once a transfer. We'll also be going to the leadership meetings with President Morgan and the zone leaders which maybe means I get to know some mission secrets? I don't really know. haha We're supposed to get some training this next week to find out more about what we should be doing.

I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July. We didn't really do much. There were a lot of BBQ's going on, even in the Spanish wards, but we already had appointments and stuff and then we had to be home early so that we didn't die from explosives or something. Unfortunately, we couldn't see the fireworks from our apartment either due to a huge tree right in front of our window. So we just chatted and listened to the fireworks.

That's about as exciting as mission life goes right now. Things are still really good and I'm enjoying working in New Rochelle. I love the people so much so I'm glad that it's not quite my time to leave.

I hope you all have a fabulous week.
Love,
Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment