Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Temple Date

We're headed to the city today to play with Sister Barker in Central Park so I'm in a bit of a rush but there are a few cool things to tell you...

My birthday was pretty much normal. Hermana Brog made me breakfast and one of my roommates made me a cake so that was fun. And then I got some surprise phone calls from some other missionary friends because one of them happens to be the AP so he can call whenever he wants to. haha So it was a good birthday.

On Monday, I was on an exchange with Sister Lotulelei so that was fun to serve with her again even though it was only for a day. While we were on our split, we met with Leydi, the less active that we've been working with. She is literally my favorite person ever and I basically want to be best friends with her for the rest of my life. But anyways, the whole time we've been meeting with her, she has expressed her desire to go to the temple. But she drinks coffee and knew that she would have to stop to be able to go to the temple. So she's been working on that and has slowly been drinking less and less and has had some really cool spiritual experiences with it. She had an interview with the Bishop last Sunday (a week and a half ago) and I think that really solidified everything that she was for real going to stop drinking coffee. So when we met with her she told us that she had thrown out all the coffee she had in her house which I was already super excited about. Then we start talking about the temple and I explain that as soon as she stops drinking coffee and has an interview with the bishop, she can go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. So she starts looking at her phone and she says "Well today is the 24th. I think I can stop drinking coffee in a month and be ready to go to the temple." And now I'm wanted to jump off my seat in excitement except that I don't because she doesn't need to think that I'm any weirder. So I'm like ok "well do you want to make a goal to go to the temple in exactly a month which would be July 24?" and she says yes and then I tell her that July 24 is a pday and so Hermana Brog and I could come to the temple with her and help her. And she's all smiley and excited this whole time and says that would be really good. And so now we're going to the temple with Leydi on July 24 and we're so stinking excited and the best part is that even if one of us gets transferred, the temple is open to all missionaries so we can still be there with Leydi. YAAAYY!!! I think I might be more excited about this than any of my baptisms because she has changed SO much since we first met her and she is so excited and it's going to be the best!!!!

I hope you all were able to watch the Worldwide Training Broadcast on Sunday. You should watch it if you haven't. It doesn't matter if you are in an auxiliary position. It was super good. However, with the technology changes for missionaries, missionary work is going to be a lot different. We'll see how fast our mission gets all of those things. I wouldn't be surprised if it was soon just based on other things our mission has done before other missions. 

I hope you all have a great week!

Love you lots!
Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment