Thursday, June 6, 2013

Free Souvenirs

President Morgan decided that no one really had enough time to email yesterday since we were all rushing to get to the baseball game so he's giving us a little bit of time today. So now I have some time to tell you a few more things going on here in New York.

First of all, the game was great. We won and none of the innings were excruciatingly long so that was awesome. We sat clear up in the top of no where land but it was in the shade so that was fine with me. The weather decided to be nice to us and there actually wasn't too much humidity so I didn't want to die. We also got to sit with Sister Barker so that was super awesome because I basically never see her anymore now that I've been banned upstate and I got to see all of my other missionary friends and spend some time in my old ward boundaries. Plus Sister Brog and I got some free souvenirs by stealing all the plastic soda and beer yankee cups that people left behind. All the other missionaries thought we were crazy but I think we were pretty smart and we washed all the alcohol out so whatever.

We have a new investigator named Telma and her daughter Andrea. Telma has been going to the English class that the elders teach and she has some member friends and stuff so she knows a lot about the basic organization of the church. She decided that she wanted to learn more so we started teaching her and her daughter on Monday and when she came to English class yesterday she said that she had read part of the Book of Mormon and that she loved it and that she would be coming to church on Sunday. We're super excited! 

Our other investigators are doing well. There are still some commandment issues we're trying to help them work out but slowly they are making baby steps towards baptism, which is awesome.

Have a fabulous rest of your week! Love you all!
Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment