Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Next Mission Adventure

Hey all!!

So the big news for the week is that I'm a trainer now! President Morgan called me last Thursday and asked me to train one of the two new Spanish sisters and I about had a heart attack but said yes. Up until today I've basically just been a nervous wreck and was pretty convinced that I'm going to be the worst trainer on the whole planet and that my companion was going to hate me. Sister Alvarez kept telling me that I was crazy and that I was going to be a great trainer. I'm still not really sure about that but as soon as I met Sister Barker, I knew that we were going to have a great time together. She is so great. She's so ready to be here and to start working so I'm really excited to be with her. She is from South Jordan, UT. She's pretty terrified to be serving in the Bronx and she's convinced that she's going to get mugged. Which does make me laugh a little because that was the least of my worries when I got here. But I'm really excited to be working with her and hopefully I'll be able to do a good job training her. I'm just going to trust that the Lord will help me.

Having Sister Alvarez leave was hard because she's going home so I won't see her for at least a year. But luckily for me her family moved to Provo during her mission so we'll pretty much be able to be friends forever because I'm already planning on hanging out with her all the time when I go back to school. I'm really grateful to have had her as a companion. I learned so much in the short time that we served together.

We have a new investigator, Feliz, who is super awesome. He is friends with Tianabelle and he'd had read parts of the Book of Mormon before we even met. So he knows a lot about the church and we're really excited to work with him.

We're still working with a lot of less actives and it's slow going because a lot of them are hard to get a hold of. But it's been going good too.

Love you all lots!
Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment