Tuesday, May 22, 2012

that abbrev is totes fab!

Last semester I went to Disneyland with some pretty awesome friends in my ward. It is definitely on my list of best things that happened to me that semester because I became real friends with some of the girls I didn't know so well. Anyways, these girls are big fans of abbreviations. I have always been avidly against abbreviations, probably because of my grammatically correct freakishness. But spending an entire weekend with these girls just got those abbreviations stuck in my head, and since then, I CAN'T STOP USING THEM. It's like a medical problem almost. I've infected multiple people with the abbreviation disease. Co-workers, family, you name it and I've infected it. Alright, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I do have co-workers and family who started using them because of my inability to stop. And because a part of me secretly started to love them...

Side note: It is highly unlikely that you will ever see me use abbreviations in writing. Just in speaking. My grammatically correct freakishness just won't allow abbreviational writing. (Although it will clearly allow the invention of new words.)

No comments:

Post a Comment