Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My fear.....a haircut!

Real fast email this week because we didn't plan our time very well....

We went to the Empire State Building today for FREE! Super awesome. There's a member one of the elders knows from an old area that works there so he got us a special pass to go all the way to the top for free. It was cool but I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it because it's not worth $40.

I also finally caved into my fears and got a haircut today. A member in the other Spanish ward cut it for me. We visit her because she is in our area but there aren't Spanish sisters to visit her and she speaks English. It doesn't look bad but it looks pretty Dominican. I pretty much felt like I was watching a murder scene as she cut it though. She cut off SO much I thought I wasn't going to have any hair left. But then when she finished, it is still really long so I'm not really sure where all that hair came from.

We found an awesome new investigator this week. She is Russian and doesn't speak very much English but she's super nice and wants us to come back. Luckily we have a member that speaks Russian that can come with us and help with some of the translations problems. It was a struggle because we basically didn't know how to simplify what we were saying enough for her to understand. Plus we kept talking louder and louder because we're freaks. So by the ends we were saying things like "YOU HUSBAND WORK?" and "YOU GO WITH TO WASHINGTON?" It was ridiculous. But she was the cutest and we're so excited to teach her!

Transfers are in a week! I'm pretty sure that it's my time to leave the Bronx. =[ But who really knows because President Morgan is always a surprise. Guess you'll all have to wait until next week to find out.

Love you all!! Hope you enjoyed General Conference! It was the best!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment