Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hey all!

 So I feel like I'm at the point where things are pretty much the same from week to week. So this might be a shorter letter...

We have another baptism on December 8th with Bethany. Yay! She is 12 and her faith is amazing. She's read so much of the Book of Mormon and her prayers are so sweet. We have really enjoyed working with her. Her parents are both members but they have been inactive since moving to New York from the Dominican Republic. We're trying to help them come back to church so that Bethany has some support. Her mom comes pretty much every other week but her dad works on Sundays. But they all know how important the church is and know the blessings of being a member and we think that Bethany's decision to get baptized will help the whole family start being more active in church. We're planning on working with them for a while after the baptism too so that we can make sure that we have another strong active member in the ward and not just another baptism.

We had stake conference last week and it was SO good! I even understand basically everything that was being said, which was really great because I feel like church is when I struggle the most with my Spanish because there are so many distractions and what not. But at stake conference, they announced that the stake would continue to go down to Rockaway to help with the hurricane damage. They have trips set up for Friday and Saturday and the missionaries are allowed to go to both but since Sister Pipes and I have a lot of appointments already set up, we're only going to go on Friday. We've also heard rumors that we might have the chance to go to New Jersey and help out there, which would be also super fantastic. (Both because I would get to leave and go to yet another mission area and mostly because I love helping all the people.)

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I am so grateful for all of you and for the opportunity to serve the people in New York. It's the best and you should all serve missions. =] Don't forget to thank God for all the blessings he's given you! Love you all!!!

Hermana Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment