Tuesday, December 27, 2011

to write a love story

It's been far too long since I've had a new blog post, but I just haven't really had anything to write about. But all in good time friends because alas, I have a new desire I wish to share.


Before we get to that desire, let give some background info. I've had a lot of time to do whatever the heck I want to do this week because Christmas break is the only time of the year I don't have to work or go to school. So in all of that spare time, I have spent a bunch of it reading (made even easier by the fact that I got a Kindle for Christmas. Woo!!!). I love to read, hence part of my secret nerdyness. I could sit at home all day and read if I could. So while I've been reading, I have decided that I wish my love life could have been written by someone like Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte.


I know you're thinking I'm crazy right about now. But hear me out before you jump to conclusions. In all of these love stories, the girl really isn't even looking for love. It just sort of jumps out at her and she unexpectedly meet this guy, they unexpectedly fall in love, and she unexpectedly get the guy. They don't have to go through all the weirdness dating currently incorporates. Elizabeth didn't have to ask herself if Mr. Darcy was going to text her. Jane didn't have to wonder if Mr. Rochester was ever going to ask her on another date. It was just BOOM, love. Oh, if it were only that simple...

No comments:

Post a Comment